Base Bicycles is hiring an industrial designer to join our growing startup in Ho Chi Minh City and help us shape the future of urban mobility.
Base Bicycles is a technology company on a mission to accelerate the adoption of cycling as a mode of transport. We are a pre-launch Irish startup with our HQ in Saigon.
The position is currently part-time with strong possibilities to become full-time in the near future. You will be required approximately 3 days per week and we are willing to work with your schedule. Please include your desired daily salary within your cover letter.
The successful candidate will be our only industrial designer in Vietnam and will be in charge of bringing products from concept to manufacture with assistance from our head designer/engineer in the U.K.
You’ll be challenged to re-think the status quo and develop the future of electric bike technology, helping us lead the movement towards pollution-free cities. You will be involved in brain storming, rider research, concept planning, design, refinement and production support.
You will primarily be working on the design of bicycles and their components.
- Have a solid mechanical engineering experience
- Good structural/manufacturing aptitude knowledge of various bike related materials (aluminum and steel) and processes (machining, forging, molding for composites, injection molding, 3d printing, etc.).
- 3D modeling skills(SolidWorks preferred)
- Digital sketching/2D visual communication
- As we are a bicycle company, any cycling experience is a plus
- Occasional International & Domestic travel required
- Good English level - The team communicates in English
- The applicant should have an exceptional portfolio demonstrating their skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Qualifications in areas such as engineering or design are a bonus.
- No formal qualifications are necessary; we place more emphasis on passion and experience.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to Jack@BaseBicycles.com.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day ^^