Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Leading key client relationships and ensuring that client servicing is first class, you will have the opportunity to shape, challenge and move their business forward ‘Be an advocate for innovation'.
- You will have the opportunity to work on the Strategy and lead Media Recommendations across the categories. This could be media stunts, content pieces or digital hubs for prospective customers.
- You will be the day to day lead bringing together clients, customer insights, media responses, budgets and measurement across the business to formulate media recommendations.
Measures of success –
In 3 months:
- Establish a relationship with clients + key media partners.
- Up to speed with WAVEMAKER’s value proposition and be able to articulate this confidently. Master Wavemaker tools for building media plans.
- The building of media recommendations based on strategic direction pushing innovation.
- Lead the integration of digital and offline planning.
- Lead pitch for winning new businesses
In 6 months:
- Become the client go-to for all day to day management of the client business within the WAVEMAKER team.
- Thorough understanding of the client business, working as an extension of their marketing team and fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Full control of media plans. Responsible for the overall Media Planning and Strategy delivery to clients.
- Active role in briefing media vendors, establish key relevance with an appropriate level of seniority of media owners.
In 12 months:
- Training and development plans of GroupHead, Manager, Planners, executives and management of the workload and quality of the team.
- Become an extension of the client marketing team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead key client relationships, ensuring that client servicing is first class.
- Bring knowledge of the client business into the WAVEMAKER team (via regular business updates and reporting).
- Ensure the clients are kept up to date on the media landscape, providing necessary media information and updates, competitor reports, etc.
- Lead and manage client WIPs ensuring all relevant campaign/market updates are communicated and actions are managed across the team.
- Lead the business team (Integrated, digital media, planning & buying) to deliver channel plans and implementation plans in response to client briefs; effectively leading the key brief deliverables and ensuring client expectations are met.
- Ensure documentation and records are maintained, assisting in the onboarding of any new team members to ensure seamless service.
- Challenging clients to drive business results and thus helping to deliver a pipeline of new opportunities.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience at a media agency.
- Have a client management/implementation planning background.
- Have knowledge about the Investment/Trading/Buying function within an agency ideally having come through this discipline.
- Knowledge of all media channels with a proven track record of being able to create integrated media recommendations.
- Strong management experience and skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and people not directly reporting to you.
- Strong understanding of the technology and trends that are changing the advertising business.
- Confident presenter.
- Strong leadership to build and engage a team with people of different levels
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Vietnamese
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next-generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content, and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About GroupM Vietnam
GroupM officially formed in Vietnam since 2002 and served as the parent company of media agencies including Mindshare, Mediacom, Wavemaker and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Our office is well-located in Bitexco Financial Tower, Ho Chi Minh City and nurtured by 380+ media lovers cross agencies.
Join us by applying directly via GroupM's career site
For more information, feel free to connect to Ms.Huong - email@example.com